Bowtie Master software is based on the bowtie method and helps users create high quality bowtie diagrams.
The Bowtie Master website contains how-to guides that will assist you with getting started on your first bow tie diagram. In addition to these guides, we have created a bowtie analysis cheat sheet that provides guidance on how to carry out a bow-tie risk assessment.
How to carry out bowtie analysis in seven steps:
- Identify and document the hazard that is to be investigated
- Identify the top event i.e. the major accident
- Identify the initiating events (i.e the threats)
- Identify the consequences if the major accident was to escalate
- Identify preventative barriers that are capable of completely stopping the top event or preventing the initiating event
- Identify mitigative barriers that prevent or limit the consequences
- Identify escalation factors that define how the barriers identified could degrade